I just got my new Neweer Mobile Phone 3-in-one lens from Amazon. For a long time, I wanted to try lenses for smartphones to have more creative fun with my phone. They are relatively inexpensive on Amazon, mine totaled $11 CAD after shipping and taxes. The product also arrived within a week, which was nice.
Here’s a picture I took with the Neewer fisheye:
1 * Fisheye Lens
1 * 2 in 1 Macro Lens and Wide Angle Lens
1 * Soft Rubber Clip-On Lens Holder
1 * Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Here are the specifications according to their product listing on Amazon:
- This is a 3 in 1 clip-on detachable lens kit for mobile phones & digital cameras.
- With the fish eye Lens, you can see the image with the range of 180 degrees from the right to the left on your phone and enjoy unrealistic fish-eye world of images.
- The Macro Lens and the Wide Angle Lens are combined together.
- 3 Element 3 Group Lens construction, enable you to get super close to small objects in a larger range of scenery.
No Dark Circle by the Fisheye lens, you can use this lens enable you easily enjoy photography and find the instant beauty of the world.
- Universal Soft Rubber detachable clamp design, work on most types of mobile phone that their camera lenses are not bigger than 13mm diameter.
- Lightweight, durable and discreet enough to be left attached to the handset permanently, guarding against bumps and scratches.
- Compatible with iPhone 6 plus/6/5/5S/4/4S, iPad Air 2/1, iPad 4/3/2, iPad Mini 3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge/S6/S5/S4/S3/A7/A5, Galaxy Note 4/3/2, Blackberry Bold Touch, Sony Xperia, Motorola Droid and Other Smart Phones.
- ***PLEASE NOTE: 1. when use Macro Lens, suggest keeping 1-2cm distance from your object to take more clear pictures. 2.The Macro Lens and the Wide Angle Lens are attached together while you receive them.***
The image quality of these lenses really depends on the resolution of your phone camera.
My S6 Edge already has a good macro camera built-in, so I did see amplified zoom results with the macro lens. I did notice that at maximum zoom, the pictures lose their sharpness and look dull. So I don’t recommend zooming all the way with these lenses.
The fisheye lens was really fun to use. I have never used a fisheye before so I can’t really comment on its quality as compared to other lenses. I found they give a really dark and intense look, and I will definitely be playing with these lenses for my personal work. The fish eye does provide a dark circle, contrary to its product description.
I also really enjoyed using the fisheye on architecture. One of the first things I used it on was my staircase, and it’s really cool how it distorts the lines and curves them. I can’t wait to take it outside and shoot buildings!
Fun with glass display case and window blinds:
Macro Lens for Smartphone Samples
I basically just tested the macro lens on some seashells. Here are my sample images. Click on them for full size and description.
My major issue with all of these lenses was that they aren’t sharp. The fisheye shifts very easily on my phone thus making the view quite blurry. Only the centre of the fisheye lens is in focus and it’s not really that sharp, as compared to the sharpness quality sans the fish eye. The macro lens is pretty cool though, but again, it really doesn’t have that great of sharpness.
I would recommend this to anyone who has $7 to spare. This isn’t a great lens package but it can be fun to play around with. In terms of quality, you really get what you pay for. You are getting a lot for the small price of these three lenses.
Neweer is currently offering the cheapest package for mobile phone lenses. Most of its competitors range from $15 to $30 CAD. I think this is a fun “toy” for any photography lover to play with. You can attach it to your camera and have a DSLR experience anywhere.
For more information on smartphone photography, check out my other informative articles:
- In-depth comparison between Smartphones VS Entry level DSLRs
- No need for photoshop: Pro editing tips for Instagram
- How to shoot DSLR quality images with your phone!
In conclusion, you can buy Neweer 3-in-one photo lens for mobile phones on Amazon Canada using this link. Please note: this was not a sponsored review ( I’m not getting paid if you buy this) and I bought this using my own money for my own convenience.
Disclaimer: // It’s advertised as a 3-in-one lens but when I opened the package I only saw two full lenses. I thought I had received the wrong product for a second but after studying the packaging and checking the amazon product listing, I found out the wide lens was attached to the macro. I didn’t get to review the wide lens yet because of this, but I will surely update this review when I do. //